DAS is proud to introduce Table Tennis to the local community. We will start with a recreational Table Tennis Club.
We have 2 Joola Tournament quality tables.
Daily pass for non members is $10 per person. No reservations are needed. We will follow simple rules as laid out here for new players coming in:
1) Choosing a table to play and waiting for a match.
a. When there are open tables you may pick any table, including a table where someone is already waiting. The club follows a ‘first come first serve’ rule and players are not allowed to reserve a spot for someone else.
b. If all tables are taken, you have to wait for your turn by leaving a paddle/case at the desired table (on the floor, right below the net post).
c. The waiting order is established by the order in which the paddles were placed at the table and not by oral agreements.
d. No player may wait on two tables simultaneously.
e. No player may wait on a table and play a match simultaneously.
f. A waiting player (X) may however choose to skip his turn and still stay on the line. In such case the player after him (nobody else) can play and X will be next to play.
2) Match Format. A Match shall be best 3 games out of 5. Each will be 11-point games.
3) Taking Turns. The Match Winner* has the right to stay on the table for another match. That right is non transferable. The player who lost the match is to always leave the table, unless there is no one waiting. He does not get to stay on the table if the match winner leaves; in those cases the next two waiting players get the table.
* On particularly busy days and only after explicit announcement by the club manager, the winning player shall be allowed to stay no more than 3 matches on the table.
4) Practice. If two players get the right to play a match according to these rules, they can choose to practice instead. They may keep the table for 20 minutes after the usual warm up. After the 20 minutes either practicing player can stay at the table.
5) Warm Up. When people are waiting at the table, the players are expected to warm up only a few minutes, but no more than 5 minutes before start the match.
DAS TTC Membership
DAS TTC is a recreational club, we invite all Table Tennis lovers to come in play some friendly / competitive games with your neighbors.
We will soon offer league nights where you will get a chance to showcase your skills and top the charts!
We also offer coaching for young and adults. Please send us a note if you are looking to refine your skills or if you are just starting out. Feel free to bring your coach as well.
Hope you and your loved ones are doing great.
Thank you for supporting us through these difficult COVID times. We are taking extra precautions since we have opened up and now operating at full capacity.
Junior Blackcaps cricket academy is doing great and we are looking for new young players to join our academy. We have doubled our roster. We have also started Table tennis coaching.
Registration is now open.
We will see you indoors soon!